1. Leaders do the right things; Managers do things right.
2. Leaders focus on people; Managers focus on systems.
3. Leaders ask what and why; Managers ask how and when.
4. Leaders innovate; Managers administer.
5. Leaders develop; Managers maintain.
6. Leaders inspire trust; Managers rely on control.
7. Leaders have a longer-term perspective; Managers have a short-term perspective.
8. Leaders originate; Managers imitate.
9. Leaders have an eye on the horizon; Managers have an eye on the bottom-line.
10. Leaders are their own person; Managers emulate the classic good soldier.
11. Leaders challenge the status-quo; Managers accept the status-quo.