Do as professional Active listeners
Sixteen Commonsense Listening Tips
1. Let others tell their own stories first.
2. It is impossible to listen and talk at the same time.
3. Listen for the main ideas.
4. Be sensitive to your emotional deaf spots.
5. Fight off distractions.
6. Do not trust to memory certain data that may be important.
7. React to the message, not the person.
8. Try to appreciate the emotion behind the words.
9. Use feedback.
10. Listen selectively.
12. Try not to be critical of the other person’s point of view.
13. Listen attentively.
14. Create a positive listening environment.
15. Ask questions.
16. Be motivated to listen.